Acne is one of the most common skin complaints of women. We understand – you have probably looked in the mirror at least once and thought, “seriously, acne at 40 years old?”
Here is the good news…you are not alone! Clinical studies indicate that as much as 55% percent of the adult population age 20-40 years have been diagnosed with persistent acne and oily skin. In fact, the Journal of American Academy of Dermatology notes that 54% of women older than age 25 have some facial acne.
You are probably not feeling better about the month fight to cover breakouts right? Let’s see if IQ Natural can help.
You can probably confirm that adult acne is very stressful and probably throws you right back to your teen years. Plus, treating adult acne can prove costly with a variety medication or modified teenage treatments.
Let’s get serious and start to address adult acne like adults. Yes, like grown women!
Here are some ways to control your adult acne by changing your lifestyle (ie, the hard part!):
1. Avoid Stress: I know…I know. You are thinking… “really, avoid stress!” Yes, stress is known to cause catastrophic health complications and adult acne in women is one of them. Hormones, hormones, hormones! Did you know - women who are prone to stress become vulnerable to dry skin or acne? When your mind is not relaxed, it interferes with the overall body functionality and breakouts are everywhere right? Get that stress under control.
2. Drink Water: What is the old joke? Drinking eight glasses of water is impossible, but drinking eight glasses of wine is totally do-able! Well, get ready to hydrate. Drinking adequate water is one of the most effective internal methods of preventing acne breakouts. It is recommended that you drink at least 8 glasses of water every day to remain healthy inside and out. Water also helps reduce excessive oils and other toxics from the body through sweat. So drink your water to keep your skin glowing and healthy.
3. Exercise: Daily exercise increases blood flow and oxygen intake. The skin, being the largest human organ, is also dependent on the same. By exercising you eliminate excess oils and strengthen your immune system. It is an effective way of dealing with oily skin to reduce chances of acne.
4. Eat Healthy Foods: Consider avoiding unhealthy food that will result in accumulative fat in the body. Instead focus on eating more fruits, vegetables, fish, natural oils, and yogurt to boost your immunity. These kind of healthy foods are rich in anti-inflammatory compounds that prevent skin disorders.
For a minute, lets focus on your skin and your beauty routine. Here are the three top ways clear up adult acne:
5. Cleanse Your Face Regularly: Cleansing your face to remove dirt, dead skin, and impurities is important to avoiding breakouts. Put aside those teenage, Walmart remedies made of harsh chemicals and additives that strip the skin of essential oils. The best first step to changing your skin care routine is find a good all-natural cleanser that unclogs blocked pores and balances pH. IQ Natural Clarifying Cleanser is an all-natural cleanser is packed with ingredients like lavender, chamomile and tea tree with natural antibacterial calming qualities that are perfect for acne prone skin.
6. Get Toner: Here is where the details are important. When you have skin that is prone to breakouts and acne, you need a toner that will alleviate breakouts and balance your pH levels to prevent future breakouts while helping to heal acne scars. Does that sound like a large order? Probably…because it is! IQ Natural Clarifying Toner is made with witch hazel, bilberry extract, DMAE (dimethlaminoethanol), tea tree oil, glycolic acid, lactic acid, black willow bark, and citrus extracts. What does that mean to you? It means that we use all-natural and organic ingredients formulated to work with your skin instead of against it.
7. Moisturize Your Skin: This the step most women stop immediately when breakouts occur due to the misguided belief that oil causes breakouts. In fact, you should be moisturizing your skin using trustworthy, high quality and dependable moisturizer designed to prevent breakouts. Acne can be prevented by enhancing your skin health. You can easily keep acne away by using natural oils and moisturizers provided they are rich in essential nutrients and anti-inflammatory compounds. IQ Natural Clarifying Moisturizer has been proven to fight breakouts, sooth damaged and/or irritated skin, smooth and even rough skin, and restore pH balance. The good thing about moisturizing your skin daily is that it boosts skin cells regeneration and keeps you looking younger.
Prevention is better than cure. Don’t suffer through month after month of breakouts and skin scars from acne. We understand – those store bought cures and midnight infomercial products aimed at teenagers are not working. It’s time to get back to nature and fight acne like an adult.